Moving home to Aotearoa? Here is what you need to know
Are you looking to move to Aotearoa New Zealand in the next 12 months and have some questions you’d like answered? To help our returning Kiwi community have a smooth transition home, Kea and BNZ hosted a Moving to New Zealand webinar that touched on:
- How to get a head start on finances, including opening bank accounts from offshore and transferring money to New Zealand
- Tips on the relocation process including five things that should be top of your checklist and why your first few months in New Zealand could be a bit of a roller coaster
- Insight from a Kea community member who recently moved to NZ – including tips on packing, job hunting and the value of good Kiwi networks.
Make sure to take a look at our full coming home resource list here and check out the resources below that were mentioned in the webinar:
- Kea welcome home resources
- Kea talent platform
- Kea community events
- “New Zealand really casts a spell on you” – Kea speaks to American-born Jonathan Jolly who came to New Zealand as part of an OE several years ago and recently moved back to Aotearoa
- Kea x BNZ – Moving money home – Finance experts at BNZ give 10 tips you need to know if you’re thinking of moving your life back to New Zealand.
- Finding a home – BNZ have collated a list of everything that you need to think about when looking to take that first step in buying a house.
- Applying for a mortgage – once you’ve found the home you want, BNZ have listed everything you should consider when applying for a mortgage in New Zealand.